Tuesday 27 April 2010

"call to arms" for Cancer Research UK and the 365challenge

I've been in discussions recently with a small but hopefully growing gym group who are looking at adopting the 365challenge for Cancer Research UK (CRUK), and if that happens, then there is a real possibility that the 365challenge could take off quite significantly, which has been my goal all along, as this could see a huge boost in funds coming in to support the charity. 


In discussions with the MD of the company (details of who they might be later, as things get finalised ... be patient *GRINS*), he asked me if I'd be able to make a video to explain the 365challenge concept to his staff and potential 365ers - a sort of "call to arms" to people out there to take it on and do something amazing for Cancer Research UK. 


"Of course", I said ... and then began to wonder how to go about it! I borrowed a friend's video camera, but couldn't quite get the look and sound I wanted, so thought I'd mucked it up.  However, then I thought I should have a look at the capabilities of my new MacBook Pro, given that Apple are said to be the tool of the creatives of this world. And what do you know ... this beautiful machine had most of what I needed as part of the free software already installed.  


I used the Photo Booth video facility to make the recording, using a programme I'd downloaded for free, called Prompt, to create a tele-prompter into which I pasted my "script", so that I could read it off screen as I went along. It worked pretty well, but I do think I'll need a little more practice before I can expect calls to take over from my local newsreaders :) 


I then posted the resulting video to iPhoto, opened iMovie and imported the basic video into this, where, by trial and error, I learned a little about the process of editing, to create the 7 minute video that I've posted below.  


I'm planning several more, including a shorter, bullet-point 2 minute version, but if you have a moment, have a look and let me know what you think of my efforts. Anything you'd change or have i got it just about right? All comments welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment